Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Liverpool Move On To French Winger After Giving Up On Downing

The Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has had a few disappointments in the transfer market so far, but he is still searching for the classy winger that is much-needed at Anfield.

Dalglish lost out on Ashley Young, who went to Man Utd, and now they appear to be priced out of a move for Stewart Downing as Aston Villa are demanding £20m for Young’s team-mate.

So it is being reported today by the Metro that Dalglish has now moved on to Charles N’Zogbia of Wigan, who has been transfer listed by Roberto Martinez after refusing a contract extension, and with just 12 months remaining on his contract the Frenchman will be available for around £9million which is more suited to Liverpool’s budget.

N’Zogbia made it clear he wants to move to a more ambitious club than Wigan when he said: “I have one-year left on my contract, and after two-years I think the coach and the owner are satisfied with what I have produced.

“Now they know that I want to sign with a bigger club, with bigger goals who can play in Europe and also help me with France.

“I said to them that if I am still at Wigan then I would give them 200 per cent, as I am loyal to the club.

“But they have opted for a transfer and I hope it will happen under good conditions and that everyone will be happy.”

Could N’Zogbia land a dream move to Liverpool?

No comments: