Thursday, June 16, 2011

Maxi Hints At Reds Exit

Liverpool winger Maxi Rodriguez has revealed he would be open to a move back to Argentina with Newell's Old Boys.

The 30-year-old started his career at Newell's before leaving for Espanyol in 2002.

Maxi, who joined Liverpool in January 2010 from Atletico Madrid, claims he has held talks with Newell's president Guillermo Lorente about a possible return.

"When I left here, I knew I was coming back," Rodriguez told Argentinian newspaper La Capital.

"The president (William Lorenzo) called me and I said yes. Now it depends on the contract I have in Liverpool, maybe that can be loosened a little."

Maxi's future at Liverpool could be in doubt with Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish actively looking at bringing in the likes of Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing this summer.

No comments: