Thursday, June 16, 2011

Marko Marin Has Rejected Liverpool

Werder Bremen's Marko Marin has denied reports that he is set for a big move to the Premier League, and has insisted that he will stay in Germany for the time being.

The 22-year-old midfield sensation has been in fantastic form for both club and country, and has seen his stocks rise to new heights. However, it seems the youngster is set to remain in Germany.

Marin told Bild: "I want to stay at Werder. I feel good at Bremen. I have never had the urge to leave."

Bremen's poor season saw speculation mount about the attacker's future, but it appears that he only has eyes on staying in the Bundesliga.

"I want to be successful here, and that is my only aim," he added.

Marin's agent, Fali Ramadani, confirmed in the same publication that the midfielder turned down Liverpool, and hinted that his German side would not be willing to do business.

Ramadini said: "Marko rejected Liverpool. Werder hinted that they would not sell Marko at this time."

However, Marin himself admitted that if Werder Bremen were to sell him, he would have no choice but to leave. He stated: "If the club receives an offer and decides to sell me, which is another situation. Until then I am happy here."

No comments: