Wednesday, June 08, 2011

'I Will Only Leave Real Madrid For An English club' - Lassana Diarra

Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra has confirmed he would only leave the Spanish giants for a return to the Premier League.

The French international has been linked with a move back to England with Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham reported to be interested in the former Portsmouth man and he has refused to rule out a move.

“If I have to leave Madrid then it is only for the Premier League," he told skysports.com.

“I loved my time there, specially my last year [at Portsmouth] before Madrid, as I won the FA Cup.”

The 26-year-old joined Real Madrid in 2009 but has struggled to establish himself in their starting line-up.

However he admits leaving would be a step down as he feels his already at the biggest club on the planet.

"But I am at Real Madrid, the greatest club in the world," he added.

No comments: