Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Barcelona's Jeffren Proud To Hear Of Interest From Liverpool

Barcelona winger Jeffren Suarez says he is proud of interest from Liverpool and has told fans to "see what happens" this summer.

It looks set to be a busy couple of months at Anfield, with the club already linked with several big-name signings including Sunderland’s Jordan Henderson and Jeffren’s Barca team-mate Bojan Krkic.

"I am not thinking about anything like that [my future] at the moment. I just want to concentrate on this [the Under-21 European Championships with Spain]," Jeffren told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser.

"It makes me proud that teams like Liverpool are interested in me. We’ll see what happens."

The 23-year-old has been limited to just 23 senior appearances since his break through into the Barca first team in 2008 and could be interested in a switch to Anfield to ensure more regular first-team football.

No comments: