Monday, June 20, 2011

Fowler Dreaming Of Liverpool Return

Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler has admitted he's dreaming of a coaching return to Anfield in the future.

The former England international, who recently returned to the country as a forward coach with Milton Keynes Dons and Bury, is currently taking his UEFA badges in an effort to extend his career within the game.

Recently retired from Perth Glory, the 36-year-old realizes it will be baby steps up the ladder to start, but has set his ultimate goal on a return to Liverpool in some capacity.

"If I'm being honest I would love to (come back to Liverpool one day) but it's not really my choice!" the striker known as God on the Red half of Merseyside told Al Jazeera Sport.

"If I could walk there tomorrow I would but it's not the ideal world as we all know.

"Eventually that is obviously the aim to try get and get back there and be a part of that club again because I was there since I was 11 and it's a big part of my life."

After graduating through the club's youth system, Fowler spent eight successful years with Liverpool before joining Leeds United in 2001.

He returned to Anfield for a year between spells with Manchester City and Cardiff City, and would also spend time with Blackburn Rovers and the North Queensland Fury during an illustrious career.

No comments: