Monday, May 02, 2011

Kuyt - Confidence High

Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt insists confidence is brimming at Anfield following his terrific run in front of goal.

The Holland international scored for the fourth successive game on Sunday in the Reds' 3-0 league success over Newcastle.

Since finding the back of the net against Sparta Prague on February 24, the 31-year-old has now bagged 10 goals in 12 games in all competitions.

Kuyt knows he is currently at the top of his game, although he believes everyone has their tails up after moving ahead of Tottenham in the Premier League ladder into fifth.

"The last time I had a run like this must have been in Holland, where I scored quite a few," explained Kuyt.

"At the moment things are going well, I have scored in the last four games now, which is nice to do.

"My confidence is high, but that is also to do with the management and my team-mates.

"I think the confidence of every player is high at the moment, because everyone is doing well.

"It is the same for me, I am feeling much better than I did at the beginning of the season, and I am enjoying playing football again."

No comments: