Thursday, May 26, 2011

Izaguirre Flattered By Liverpool

Celtic star Emilio Izaguirre has admitted he is 'flattered' by Liverpool's reported interest in him.

The Honduran left sider had a wonderful maiden campaign in Scotland, and was voted SPL Player of the Year, Players' Player of the Year and Football Writers' Footballer of the Year.

Neil Lennon insists he has no plans to sell, but now a number of English clubs are being strongly linked with a move for the 25-year-old.

Manchester United, Arsenal, Aston Villa and Liverpool have all been credited with an interest with the latter reported to be in pole position.

The Reds are seemingly in the market for a new left-back and, in recent months, have been linked with the likes of Jose Enrique, Fabio Coentrao and Stephen Warnock, as well as Izaguirre.

And the Honduran, who jetted back to his homeland ahead of next month's Gold Cup, admitted he had heard about Liverpool.

"It is flattering for any player of course, when somebody like Liverpool shows an interest in your services," he told La Tribuna.

"I still do now know anything, I leave this in the hands of my agent and club officials."

Izaguirre insisted he was looking forward to playing for Honduras in the Gold Cup.

"I am happy to be back home, it is always good to be back and thank God it comes after a great season.

"Now my aim is the national team and I am happy to be selected, I will have a few days off and then I will be ready for Honduras."

No comments: