Thursday, May 26, 2011

Charlie Adam's Liverpool Dream Could Be Over

Blackpool has activated a clause in Charlie Adam's contract which, in theory, gives him another year at the club.

However, the 25-year-old Scot is still likely to leave the Seasiders after coming close to joining both Liverpool and Spurs in January.

‘I just want to keep playing and obviously the Premier League was the top of the tree and obviously I want to play there but for me the focus now is Sunday (for Scotland),’ said Adam, who is determined not to dwell on the decision.

‘I need to keep performing well, then once Sunday’s out of the way, get a holiday and take things after that, but the important thing for me was that the performance tonight was terrific and hopefully we can move on to Sunday, then the friendly in August.’

Twelve-month options have also been taken up on Ian Evatt and Gary Taylor-Fletcher, while goalkeeper Matt Gilks is among those offered a new deal.

No comments: