Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Liverpool Goalkeeper ‘Backflips’ On Move

Goalkeeper Pepe Reina is happy at Liverpool, despite his insistence that he’d like to see out his career playing in the Champions League, according to Kenny Dalglish.

“I can't speak for Pepe Reina on how he sees it and believes it's going,” Dalglish said.

“I can only tell you about how me personally and the club as a whole feels about him.

“Whatever he feels about us going in the right direction or not is up to him, but he doesn't look too unhappy to me.

“I have always believed he is one of the best in the Premiership, if not the best, maybe even in football.”

Reina had made his intentions to leave Liverpool in the summer clear, citing a desire for Champions League qualification as his reason.

But in an apparent backflip, Reina appears to be happy to stay at Liverpool, if Dalglish’s opinion is anything to go by.

“Whoever's got someone better than him is very fortunate and I haven't seen anyone better than him. I don't think I can improve on that statement,” the Liverpool manager said, in a show that Anfield will do whatever it takes to keep the star.

No comments: