Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ajax's Christian Eriksen 'Not Ready' For Big Liverpool Move

Liverpool target Christian Eriksen is in no rush to leave Ajax as he settles to develop his career with the Dutch club, despite reports linking him with a summer departure to Anfield.

The 19-year-old Danish midfielder has enjoyed a stellar campaign with the Amsterdam-based giants, scoring four goals in 27 league games this season as he continues to earn regular first team status under Frank de Boer.

Eriksen has been attracting attention from the Premier League with Liverpool tipped as being in the running to launch a summer move, but chances of leaving soon are unlikely.

"I'm not ready yet for a transfer. I feel like I only just arrived here," he told voetbalmagazine.nl.

"The step to a bigger club would be too big right now. I'm simply not ready yet.

"I've been here for only two years and am very happy at this club. Things are going pretty well at the moment and I want to keep that form going."

No comments: