Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Suarez - I'm Not A Hero Yet

Luis Suarez insists he has not been at Liverpool long enough to be considered a 'real hero' by the club's fans.

The Uruguay ace has made an immediate impact at Anfield since signing from Ajax in January, scoring two Premier League goals in five appearances.

The 24-year-old striker has also been an instant hit with the Liverpool faithful, who have already given him his own song.

But Suarez is adamant he has work to do on Merseyside if he is going to become a true idol at the club.

"I've only been here a month-and-a-half and it's good to see the fans are happy," Suarez told LFC Weekly.

"I came here to work hard for the team and to do my absolute best. If they are singing my name maybe it shows I'm doing my job well.

"But there are a lot of games and there is a lot of time to go before I am a real hero. It's too early for that."

He added: "I think the fans at this club play a major role, bigger than at some other clubs.

"The only part of the song I can recognize is my name.

"Although I might not understand what exactly they are singing, I know my name is mentioned. That's important to me."

No comments: