Monday, March 21, 2011

Liverpool Eye Europe's Most Wanted Starlet

Dutch giants Ajax have signalled their intention to keep hold of young Danish midfielder Christian Eriksen despite reported interest from Premier League side Liverpool.

The 19-year-old playmaker, who starred for his homeland in their recent defeat to England, has been a consistent and impressive figure in the heart of the midfield at the Amsterdam Arena with scouts from across Europe checking his development.

It is believed that Kenny Dalglish has identified the Odense protégé as a possible summer target with the Scottish tactician eager to add a youthful flourish to his reshaped Anfield outfit.

Nevertheless, aware of the interest from England, Eriksen recently insisted that he was happy to stay in Holland although could be tempted to quit Ajax if reigning La Liga champions Barcelona were to come calling.

Speaking to the Danish media recently, he stated:

"If I got an offer from Liverool right now, I believe I would reject it.

"Ajax is a good club for me at the moment and I believe it will be that for a couple of years.

"If I did move, it would have to be to FC Barcelona.”

No comments: