Tuesday, March 01, 2011

John Aldridge: Martin Kelly Will Be A Big Loss For Liverpool FC

It was sad to see Martin Kelly limping off at Upton Park.

I really feel for the young defender because he’s been playing so well.

I’m a big fan of Kelly – what you see is what you get with him. He’s a 100 per center and it was typical that he pulled his hamstring going full pelt down the wing.

Kelly has been linked with an England call-up and it was no surprise to see Fabio Capello at Anfield last week to watch him.

Anyone who is keeping England’s regular right-back out of that position for his club has to be worth a look.

Capello has talked about how he’s building for the future and I’m sure Kelly is going to be a part of that.

I’ve got no doubt he’s got the quality to make the step up to international football.

My only worry is that he’s had a few of these injuries. I just hope he can get over them because he’s an exciting talent.

No comments: