Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Brazilian Target Delighted With 'Famous' Liverpool Interest

Liverpool are reportedly still in the race to sign Brazilian defender Rafinha.

The Genoa full-back has been on the radar of a number of Barclays Premier League clubs for some time now, with the player revealing that the Anfield outfit made an enquiry last year.

“I had an offer from Liverpool a year ago but Shalke asked for too much money, the value was set too high and negotiations came to an end," the 25-year-old told the Independent newspaper.

Having since moved to Serie 'A', Rafinha is still happy to admit his interest in a potential switch to England, with Spurs also thought to be in the running. Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid lead the chase for Europe, according to the player.

“Again, I was very glad to know my performances had brought interest from a famous team like Liverpool," the player continued.

"Now Tottenham, Bayern Munich and Atlético Madrid are talking about me and this makes me very happy. I have to work hard and who knows, in the future maybe I will be playing in the Premier League, a competition I love and I follow."

Valued in the region of €10 million, Rafinha is a regular in the right back position but can also play on the opposite side, a problem area for Liverpool.

With Paul Konchesky failing to impress at Anfield after his summer arrival and Fabio Aurelio thought to be a second choice for Kenny Dalglish, the Liverpool boss is believed to be in the market for a defender.

NESV, the club's new owners, proved in January that they are willing to back the manager financially and Dalglish will look to spend their cash on developing the Liverpool squad further at the end of the season.

No comments: