Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Skrtel Reveals Injury Concern

Martin Skrtel has revealed he had to take an injection to complete Liverpool's weekend triumph at Chelsea.

The Reds centre-back was one of the heroes on Sunday as Kenny Dalglish's side recorded their fourth successive victory with a 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge.

All the hype centred around Fernando Torres, who joined Chelsea from Liverpool on transfer deadline day in a British record £50million deal, but it was Raul Meireles who grabbed the headlines with the match-winning strike.

Spaniard Torres was virtually anonymous before being substituted midway through the second half, with the defensive trio of Jamie Carragher, Daniel Agger and Skrtel keeping their former team-mate at bay.

But the 26-year-old Skrtel admitted he required medical attention to last the 90 minutes after injuring himself in the opening period.

"I stretched my groin or a ligament on my left leg, I don't even know exactly what's wrong with it," the Slovakian, who has joined up with his national team for the midweek friendlies, explained to SITA.

"At half-time I swallowed a pain-killing pill and got an injection so that I could finish the game. I would not like to speak yet about whether it will be serious or not.

"The most important thing was that I could finish the game."

No comments: