Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Liverpool Striker Target Wants Summer Move

Reported Liverpool target Roman Pavlyuchenko has stated his intention to leave Tottenham in the summer.

The Russian striker has expressed his dismay at the lack of first team opportunities given to him by Harry Redknapp - claiming the Spurs boss has lost faith in his abilities.

Pavlyuchenko had previously been keen to fight for his place at White Hart Lane - having turned down a deadline day move to Liverpool last August, according to Metro - but it now appears he has reached breaking point.

"The way I see it, the manager just doesn't trust me and it doesn't matter if I play well, score goals or try my best in training - nothing will make him change his mind about me," Pavlyuchenko told Sport-Express - as reported by imscouting.com.

"So I'm not going to extend my contract, which expires at the end of next season, and will try to leave the club over the summer transfer window.

"Even when I do play well or score a goal, I don't get a chance in the next game. Quite frankly, I'm fed up with sitting on the bench and waiting for my chances.

Liverpool allegedly remain keen on the 29-year-old - who joined Spurs from Spartak Moscow for £14 million in 2008 - and will no doubt be alerted to his potential availability.

Despite the acquisition of strike duo Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll during the January transfer window, Liverpool are still thought toe intent on bringing more attacking reinforcements to Anfield during the summer.

Whether Liverpool reignite their interest in Pavlyuchenko remains to be seen, but the Reds have been linked with moves for a number of other top targets.

Aston Villa winger Ashley Young reportedly remains on the Liverpool radar, as does versatile Benfica wideman Fábio Coentrão.

Liverpool owners New England Sports Ventures have already demonstrated their willingness to spend big in order to land their targets, and the summer transfer window is likely to be a busy time at Anfield.

No comments: