Sunday, February 27, 2011

Kuyt Relishes Luis Partnership

Dirk Kuyt believes he can strike up a formidable partnership with new signing Luis Suarez because they speak the same language - that being Dutch.

The 30-year-old feels the capture of the Uruguayan is the key to reigniting Liverpool's stuttering season.

Having played for Feyenoord in the Eredivisie, Kuyt says he and former Ajax striker Suarez can create a deadly double Dutch partnership because they are on the same wavelength.

"Sometimes it is helpful to speak in the same language because defenders can't understand what you are saying," the Dutchman told the Daily Mirror.

"I know I can help him. He speaks Dutch after his time in Holland, and that is good in terms of partnership.

"He played for the rival Ajax but every week I watch the Dutch league and I know how well he has been playing. The time we played together, I thought it went well and it will only get better.

"I was excited when he signed and the first thing I told the lads and everyone around the club was that we had signed a top, top player."

Kuyt is in no doubt that the Reds have pulled off one of the signings of the season having paid £23 million for the 24-year-old's services.

And in turn he believes Suarez has joined one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

"I phoned him just before the deal was completed and told him he was signing for a big club," Kuyt said.

"And I am sure it is just a matter of time before we get back in the Champions League."

No comments: