Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Liverpool First-Team Coach Steve Clarke Couldn't Turn Down Chance To Work With Kenny Dalglish

Steve Clarke has spoken of his excitement at joining the coaching staff at Liverpool after the former Chelsea assistant manager was appointed as first-team coach at Anfield.

Clarke, who played over 500 senior matches for St Mirren and Chelsea, was assistant manager at Stamford Bridge under Jose Mourinho, and also at West Ham United under Gianfranco Zola.

"I was sat at home doing nothing and now I've got the chance of working with a football great in Kenny Dalglish and also working for one of the world's leading football clubs" Clarke told Liverpool's official website.

"This was something I couldn't turn down.

"I am grateful for everybody who has given me such a warm welcome, especially all those here at Melwood.

"I am really looking forward to working with Kenny and the rest of the staff to help bring good times back to the club."

No comments: