Friday, December 10, 2010

Liverpool Striker 'Wants To Leave Anfield In January'

Liverpool youngster Dani Pacheco wants to out on loan in order to gain more first team experience.

The 19-year-old - who just signed a new long-term deal to keep him on Merseyside until 2014 - has his sights set on a temporary move in January which, he says, will 'be best for everyone'.

“I’m delighted to have signed a new deal. I’m being sincere when I say that I see my future here, I’d like it to be so; but in order to get some playing time, and if it suits the club, the best thing would be for me to go out on loan," the Liverpool starlet told respected journalist Guillem Balague.

“I had talks with [Liverpool director of football strategy] Damien Comolli when signing a new contract and he told me that young players like myself and [Liverpool defender] Martin Kelly are central to his vision for the club.”

“I’m training well and [Liverpool manager] Roy Hodgson is happy with me; he’s seen what I can do in the Europa League. However, we will have to see how things stand in January and if the club is in agreement, then a loan move might be best for everyone."
Pacheco is regarded as one of the hottest prospects in Europe; impressing during his time in Spain's under-19 squad as well as with the Liverpool reserves.

The teenager joined Liverpool in 2007 from the Barcelona youth academy where he earned the nickname El Asesino ("The Assassin") for his goalscoring prowess.

He his part of a growing crop of exciting young players at Liverpool along with compatriot Suso, striker David Amoo and hotshot Adam Morgan - each are whom have been tipped to become Anfield stars of the future.

No comments: