Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ngog Aims To Be 'Complete'

Liverpool striker David Ngog wants to improve every attribute in his attacking arsenal.

The 21-year-old Frenchman remains second choice to Fernando Torres at Anfield, but amid his club's struggles he has shown clear signs of development in his form and conditioning this season.

Ngog has scored seven goals in all competitions and his hold-up play in a lone role has advanced in the last 12 months.

The former Paris St Germain forward wants to continue to progress under new manager Roy Hodgson, who has shown faith in the youngster, and he is not afraid of hard graft.

"I did a lot of work in the gym last season and have continued that this year," Ngog told LFC Weekly magazine.

"As a team we have also been doing more strength work since the new fitness coaches arrived. I think all that work has made a difference to my game.

"With working in the gym, time and experience you learn to use your body in a better way.

"I think year after year I will get better at that. You pick up more tricks and different ways to hold the ball up. You are more prepared for physical opponents.

"I work on my all-round game all the time, not just being stronger. I want to be involved in different areas of the pitch, not just in the box.

"I want to have lots of different qualities, to be the complete striker. Obviously it's important for a striker to score goals. But you have to be able to do a lot of other things too."

No comments: