Thursday, November 18, 2010

Liverpool Fans Haven't Seen The True Me Yet - Christian Poulsen

Christian Poulsen insists that there is still a lot more to come from him at Liverpool.

The Danish midfielder arrived in a £4.5 million deal with Juventus during the summer, but has since been unable to create a significant impact in the squad.

Even manager Roy Hodgson has admitted that the 30-year-old has had a bad start to his career on Merseyside, as the former Sevilla man is yet to win over the fans.

"I don’t think the Liverpool fans have seen the true me yet," Poulsen said, according to The Mirror.

"We have a new coach, new backroom staff, new players and now new owners. It has taken time for us to find ourselves as a team.

"We have had some victories and I hope we can move further up the table. I really want to play a big part here."

Poulsen also maintained that he has no regrets about making the switch to join the Reds during the summer, despite the criticism he has taken in recent times.

"Juventus was a good experience and I feel positive about my time there," he said. "But I understand it was also time for me to move on and when Liverpool approached me, I wasn’t going to say no. Every day when I drive through the gates at Melwood, I realise this is the biggest club I’ve played for.

"I knew I was coming to a big, big club and that competition for places in the team would be very tough.

"There has been a lot of pressure because the start of the season hasn’t been so good. But I’m happy to be here. Everything is in place for me to try and get back into the team and make an impact on Liverpool’s season."

No comments: