Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Liverpool Left-Back Fabio Aurelio Says He's Ready To Face West Ham

Liverpool left-back Fabio Aurelio says he's ready to play against West Ham United on Saturday after recovering from Achilles and groin problems.

The Brazilian, who has not played for the first team since the Europa League win in Trabzonspor on August 26 featured for the reserves on Tuesday against Blackpool.

"I feel good after the 75 minutes for the reserves and I'm ready for Saturday if the manager needs me," Aurelio told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I have been training well and I was in the squad for the Stoke game but didn't make the bench. Hopefully I can play on Saturday.

"It was good to get some minutes against Blackpool and I enjoyed being back. Hopefully I can start a run of games for the first team now.

"It has been frustrating not to play but I have been working hard and kept my confidence up.

"I had an Achilles problem and then after I played for the reserves in a friendly at Huddersfield I suffered a small groin problem, but now I feel good and I'm ready to work hard for the manager.

"The more you play the more confidence you have. I'm feeling good and just want to play again."

No comments: