Monday, November 15, 2010

Kelly: I'll Play Anywhere

Martin Kelly has admitted he is still not sure what his best position will be in the future.

Liverpool's No.34 has earned rave reviews for his performances at right-back in the first XI but he is also equally adaptable at centre-half having began his career in that role at the Academy.

He has also played left-back in the Europa League this season.

"I'm still not sure what my best position is," he told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I have played at centre-back for England U21s but at the moment I'm playing right-back for Liverpool which I'm enjoying and I am working as hard I can to adapt.

"It doesn't matter where I play for Liverpool and I just look forward to each game and give my best."

It has been a season of major progress so far for the Warrington-born defender. He has been a regular member of Roy Hodgson's squad and also made his England U21 debut.

He was part of Stuart Pearce's squad that qualified for the U21 European Championship finals which take place in Denmark in June 2011, and he is hoping to get the call come the end of the season.

"It's going to be a great summer and we've got a good squad and I am just hoping I will be involved," said Kelly.

"We have got a friendly against Germany this week so hopefully I will get the chance to show the manager what I can do."

Looking ahead to the summer's main event, Kelly added: "Playing in the U21 European Championships would be a fantastic experience for me.

"Being in the set-up with Stuart Pearce is also good for my development and I can learn a lot from him.

"I always enjoy it when I go away with the England U21 squad and I can't wait for Denmark."

No comments: