Friday, November 12, 2010

Disillusioned Jovanovic Prepared To Stay At Liverpool

Milan Jovanovic admits he is not playing his natural game under Roy Hodgson, but he is prepared to stay at Liverpool.

Jovanovic began the season as a regular member in the Liverpool line-up, but he has recently lost his place with Hodgson beginning to find a more consistent formula. Even with Joe Cole sidelined by injury, Jovanovic has remained absent from the starting XI, with Maxi Rodriguez switched to the left for recent fixtures.

The Serbian attacker was a Rafael Benitez signing during the summer and has largely been employed as a winger by Hodgson, despite spending the majority of his career behind a striker. However, ignoring interest from Belgian side Anderlecht, Jovanovic insists he is prepared to fight for his place at Anfield.

"Since I moved to England I've done everything regarding my job the way the coach wants from me," he told Blic. "I was really focused on not making many tactical mistakes. I've not done things my way. I didn't do things my way, I didn't take risks with my moves and actions.

"I'm just thinking about Liverpool. I'll stay here because I'm no quitter or a person who doesn't fight. I know that Anderlecht rate me very highly and I'm proud about that.

"Anderlecht are the biggest club in Belgium and I respect them, but I have a contract with Liverpool and I'll stay."

No comments: