Saturday, October 09, 2010

Aquilani Is Fast Improving

Alberto Aquilani is playing with a smile on his face again at Juventus - after his disappointing £20million switch to Liverpool.

The 26-year-old was sent back on-loan to his native country after failing to set Anfield alight following his record move from Roma last summer.

Aquilani did not start the first four games of the campaign for Luigi Del Neri's team but has now gained a place in the starting line up.

"The team is gradually improving. The same applies to me and I'm happy," Aquilani told Sky Italia.

"Juve is a team that has changed a lot and as I said when I joined them, it will take time for the team to show its true potential.

"It was not something that I liked but it was the coach's decision.

"The fact is that Juve gave me the opportunity to return to Italy and I took that chance.

"It was not an easy decision because Juve have great midfielders and I knew the competition would be tough."

Signed by former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez, their paths crossed when Aquilani played against Inter Milan last weekend.

He added: "It was nice to see him again. Despite a difficult year for both of us (at Liverpool), I had a good rapport with him.

"We spoke a little bit about Liverpool."

The issue of the Liverpool ownership is something that has not escaped the attention of the Italian following their proposed sale this week, but he admits his future is no clearer.

"I don't know if the club's sale will help Juve or Liverpool with respect to getting my services back," he explained.

"But whatever happens, the English club has meant a crucial move for my career."

No comments: