Saturday, October 30, 2010

Aquilani - I Feel At Home

Liverpool misfit Alberto Aquilani says he feels at home playing for Juventus.

The 26-year-old is on a season-long loan in Turin after failing to live up to expectations with the Reds following his £20million move from Roma.

The midfielder says he is loving life back in Serie A with the Turin giants, who have an option to make the move permanent next summer.

He told La Stampa: "I like the team. I like Turin. I have found a home. I am happy."

Asked about his role at Juventus, he added: "I am more of a central midfielder. Before, I was further forward in the offensive phase.

"Now I have to have more balance and be careful also in defence."

Aquilani is relishing Saturday's clash with AC Milan, who have won four on the bounce to sit second in the Italian top flight.

He added: "Their most dangerous and important player right now is (Zlatan) Ibrahimovic.

"The problem is that they have more than one (strong player). They are a team who have many strong players: if they are all healthy, it's tough for the other teams.

"This doesn't mean we are inferior or are afraid to play against them, not at all actually.

"We are Juve and we must go out on the pitch to win. Then again in football, you win and you lose. The important thing is trying."

No comments: