Friday, September 03, 2010

Jamie Carragher Rules Liverpool Out Of Premier League Title Race

Jamie Carragher has revealed Liverpool stand no chance of lifting the Premier League title this season.

Carragher, 32, is about to celebrate his 14-year career with the club with a testimonial against Everton this weekend. During this time, he has yet to finish top of the domestic standings despite being crowned a Champions League, FA Cup, Uefa Cup and League Cup winner.

The Liverpool legend has admitted he doesn't expect new manager Roy Hodgson to be able to drag the squad from seventh to first place.

He said: "People have said 'You've done this and that for Liverpool' but we've not won a trophy for four years and that is annoying me a little bit.

"I certainly don't want to go on another couple of years not winning one before I finish at Liverpool.

"I don't see any reason why we can't win a trophy this season or the next couple.

"The one I haven't won is the league but I suppose that will be very difficult this season going from seventh last season.

"But I see no reason why we can't have a good go and have a trip to Wembley."

No comments: