Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Liverpool Signing Milan Jovanovic Willing To Play In Any Position

Liverpool newcomer Milan Jovanovic says he is willing to play in any position for his new club.

The 29-year-old moved to Anfield this summer on a free transfer from Standard Liege, and could make his competitive debut for the club in Thursday’s Europa League qualifier against FK Rabotnicki.

The Serbia international hopes to feature as much as possible for the Reds and would play on the left wing again - as he did in Saturday’s pre-season friendly with Kaiserslautern - if he was asked to by boss Roy Hodgson.

He told the club’s official website: "It doesn't matter which position I play. That is a question for the coach. Of course, I have my own opinion but it won't be a problem if I have to play on the left wing again.

"Maybe with a bit of time and when I know all the small things about playing in that position, then it will help me.

"The main thing at the minute is for me to get the feeling of the team. It's not going to be easy because everything is new and we don't have much time."

Jovanovic was initially given the number 10 shirt after moving to Anfield but switched to number 14 following the arrival of Joe Cole.

"Switching shirts didn't bother me," he said. "Number 14 is my favourite and it is the number I wear for the national team.

"I feel good that I have got the same number here and I hope it will be lucky for me. I hope it will bring me much success. When the switch came I was happy."

The former Standard Liege forward hopes to adjust to life in England as soon as possible and is looking forward to the arrival of his family in Liverpool.

"I expect they will be with me in Liverpool soon," he added. "We have got to choose a house but it will really help when I see them."

No comments: