Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Milan Jovanovic Confident He Will Be A Success At Liverpool FC

Milan Jovanovic is confident he has the physical attributes to be a success with Liverpool in the Premier League.

The Serbian midfielder has enjoyed his first few weeks training with the club in pre-season and he has a track record of success when playing English clubs.

In 2008/09 he scored against Everton in the Europa League and last season he found the net against Arsenal in the Champions League.

Jovanovic exclusively told LFC Weekly: “I scored against Arsenal last season. We lost the game 2-3 but that and my goal against Everton shows that I have done well against English teams so I hope this will continue!”

On World Cup duty with Serbia, Jovanovic had the opportunity to quiz international team-mates like Nemanja Vidic and Branislav Ivanovic about the Premier League.

The 29-year-old doesn’t think it will take long for him to adapt to English football.

“I did speak to some of my team-mates in the national team. I know that physically it is a demanding league but when I thought about this characteristic, I thought: ‘this is me.’

“I think I can do everything I need to play at the top level here. It is a long season and if you count games with the national team as well, you can be looking at 60 or 70 games but I feel okay and of course I am really looking forward to it.”

No comments: