Monday, July 12, 2010

Liverpool Manager Roy Hodgson Unsure Whether Fiorentina Target Emiliano Insua Will Remain At Anfield

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson admits he is unsure whether defender Emiliano Insua will still be a Red next season.

The 21-year-old has been linked with a move to Italian side Fiorentina and talks at believed to be at an advanced stage between the two clubs.

Hodgson says he has been impressed with Insua since taking over as Reds boss, but as negotiations were already in place before he joined the club, he may be powerless to a possible move.

"I saw him play in the last three days and I like him both as a player and on a personal level," he said during an interview with an Italian radio station.

"However, talks with Fiorentina started before I got here, so I don’t know how advanced they are.

"I cannot say if Insua will stay at Liverpool or not. I’ll have to discuss that with the club."

Should Insua leave Liverpool, Hodgson is reportedly lining up a £5 million move for Wigan Athletic’s Maynor Figueroa as a replacement.

No comments: