Sunday, July 11, 2010

Liverpool Goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri Not Keen On Brazil Return

Liverpool reserve goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri would consider a European switch to secure first team football but has distanced himself from a potential move to Corinthians.

Cavalieri, 27, has yet to make a Premier League appearance in two years on Merseyside as he has played second fiddle to Spain World Cup 2010 shot stopper Pepe Reina.

Despite only featuring sporadically in cup competitions, Cavalieri has distanced himself from reports the Sao Paulo side were ready to swoop for his signature.

Speaking to reporters while on holiday in his native Brazil, Cavalieri was quick to state if he was to leave Anfield, he would stay in his adopted continent.

He said: "Until now, no official proposal from the Corinthians came to me. But my idea is not now to return to Brazil.

"I am well adapted to European football and the only thing I think about is changing time to have more opportunity."

Asked where he would go if he made the transfer back home, he insisted he would only consider his former club: "If I return to Brazil, I'll be back to Palmeiras."

No comments: