Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Fernando Torres 'Happy' With Roy Hodgson's Appointment As Liverpool Manager

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has declared that he is happy with the arrival of Roy Hodgson as manager at Anfield.

The Spain star hopes that the former Fulham manager can provide the Reds with the kind of stability and guidance that they have seemingly been lacking for a while now.

"I was happy he got the job," Torres told reporters.

"I haven't had a chat with him yet but I will talk with him soon and we will see his ideas about the future.

"He did really well at Fulham and I am sure he can do better for Liverpool. He is a very good manager. Hopefully he will be the right man to give Liverpool the opportunity to be strong again."

Rumours persist that Torres is set to leave Liverpool this summer, with Manchester City said to be keeping a close eye on his situation.

The player insisted that his situation would be discussed after Spain's World Cup campaign is over.

"I have a contract so it is the reality now. My future is here [at the World Cup] now," he said.

"South Africa is too important to think after that. I'm sure I will talk with him soon."

No comments: