Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Academy Hosts Heysel Friendly

Liverpool and Juventus supporters came together at the Academy on Saturday for a friendly match to mark 25 years since the Heysel tragedy.

The match, which was organized by Reds fanzine writer Dave Usher and Liverpool-based Italian journalist Serafino Ingardia, ended 5-3 to those in red.

Ingardia said: "I always felt something more should be done to try and clear the air between the fans.

"Having lived in Liverpool for more than five years I have seen with my own eyes how Liverpool fans regret that tragic night and feel genuinely sorry for what shouldn't have happened.

"I play football with Liverpool fans every week and have many good friends who are Reds.

"I have long been discussing organizing an event which could send a positive message to both Juventus and Liverpool fans."

No comments: