Sunday, April 04, 2010

Reds Ace Set For Debut

Liverpool's latest recruit James Walker starts his Anfield career today as our Superleague Formula title defence starts at Silverstone.

There are 12 dates on the circuit this year and plenty of points available for Liverpool to try and mount another title challenge.

Saturday is the qualifying round when Walker will be hoping to put himself into pole position for Sunday's three big races.

Speaking about his debut season at the Kop, Walker said: "The thought of representing a prestigious club like Liverpool, one of the biggest teams in Europe and having the link between English club and driver, has got fantastic foundations already for being successful.

"As a local driver, trying to get the fans behind me is going to be a lot easier so hopefully we can have as good a season as they had in 2009.

"I'm obviously really looking forward to my home round at Silverstone. I was quick there in Renault World Series last year, finishing second in the feature race and qualifying on the front row, and I think my driving style definitely suits the high-powered cars round a circuit like that. The home support is definitely going to help as well so I can't wait.

"I'm going to get down to work during testing and make sure we're in good shape for a strong weekend."

No comments: