Friday, April 09, 2010

Maxi Rodriguez Keen For 'Inspirational' Javier Mascherano To Sign New Deal At Liverpool

Argentinian Liverpool winger Maxi Rodriguez wants his compatriot Javier Mascherano to ink a new contract at Anfield soon because the team need his inspirational qualities.

Mascherano is in negotaitions with the Reds currently and is expected to sign a new deal eventually.

Rodriguez believes his fellow-countryman is also keen to commit his future to the club.

"Javier is a fantastic player and when he signs his contract it will be great news for the club," Maxi told the Reds' official website.

"He is also fantastic to have in the dressing room and he is an inspiration.

"He loves playing for Liverpool in front of these wonderful supporters and is very happy to play for the club for a long time to come."

Rodriguez himself is very content at Liverpool following his January move from Atletico Madrid.

"From my first day here I felt very comfortable and I have settled in extremely well," he added.

"For me the team is the most important thing and I always try my best to help Liverpool.

"I don't mind if I play on the left or right side of midfield as I am comfortable in both positions."

No comments: