Friday, April 09, 2010

Dirk Kuyt Desperate To Win Europa League With Liverpool


Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt is desperate to win a trophy during his time at Anfield and become a part of the club's great history.

"If you speak about my desire, I am desperate to win a trophy here at Liverpool Football Club," the Dutchman told reporters at a press conference on Merseyside on Thursday.

"I know the history of the club; I know how many things they won in the past, so I want to be part of that history. I have come very close (to winning something) in the past with my team-mates, but it wasn't good enough - but hopefully it will be this season.

"It's always frustrating if you can't achieve the things you want, but at the end of the day you have to look forward and think positively.

"If you look backwards and think about the negatives, you can forget this trophy as well. We will look forward, we are desperate to win it and want to keep playing in the same way we have in the last few games at Anfield.

"It makes us all very hungry. I am not the only one who hasn't won a trophy here at Liverpool, so we are all working very hard every day to achieve this.

"Like I said, things aren't going the way we thought they would this season, but we are still in contention for a trophy and we are really up for it."

No comments: