Sunday, March 21, 2010

Babel Eyes Dazzling Finale


Ryan Babel is determined to maintain his recent resurgence and repay the Liverpool supporters with a series of dazzling displays.

The Dutch forward has shown glimpses of the form that had many tipping him as a star of the future in recent weeks and is confident his approach will give the Kop more reason to cheer.

"For any player, if you are given games to show what you can do, it's a good thing and also for me," he said.

"I hope I can show more of this and hopefully give something back to the supporters.

"Slowly you regain confidence when you play a number of games so hopefully I can show what I can do.

"They expect me to always dribble or take men on. It's not always possible but I try it as much as I can because that's what I want to do as well."

"Hopefully if I can show more of this in the future I will be very pleased."

The Holland international still has one eye on this summer's World Cup and is hopeful some top performances with Liverpool will earn him a place in his country's squad.

He added: "I'm happy that I could start again [on Thursday]. I think I'm very pleased with the team performance.

"If I play a lot of games then maybe I have a good chance to go to the World Cup."

No comments: