Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sissoko Eyes Rafa Arrival


Mohamed Sissoko has admitted that he would love Rafa Benitez to become manager at Juventus.

The Italian giants are on the lookout for a new boss after sacking Ciro Ferrara at the end of last month and appointing Alberto Zaccheroni on a short-term deal until the summer.

Benitez is understood to be one of Juve's preferred candidates despite his insistence that he is focused on staying at Liverpool.

And Sissoko, who worked with Benitez at Valencia and Liverpool earlier in his career, would welcome such an appointment.

"Benitez? If he came I would be very happy," the midfielder said on the Juventus channel.

"He gave me the opportunity to play in Valencia when I was 17 and with him I won a title.

"He is an excellent technician but when he knew me I was still immature. Now I've grown up as a footballer."

Sissoko admits he would also like Juventus to sign Bayern Munich's in-demand playmaker Franck Ribery.

Ribery's future has been the subject of speculation for some time and many of the continent's top clubs are keeping tabs on his progress.

"Ribery is a great player, any team in Europe would have him," said Sissoko.

"If he comes to Juve it will be a beautiful thing and he would give us a big hand."

Sissoko's own future has attracted fewer headlines and he insists he is fully committed to Juve.

"I have a contract until 2013. I want to stay here and become great here," he explained.

No comments: