Saturday, February 13, 2010

Johnson Closes In On Return


Glen Johnson has revealed that he expects to return to training with Liverpool in the next three weeks.

The England international right-back damaged his knee against Aston Villa in late December and it was initially feared he had suffered cruciate ligament damage. Those fears were allayed and Johnson is now looking forward to making his way back to full fitness.

"It's been frustrating. The worst thing for a footballer is being injured, but now I'm looking forward," Johnson told the club's official website. "I'm definitely over the worst of it now and I'm about two or three weeks away from training, so I'm getting there.

"It's been like groundhog day - I've been doing the same things, working in the gym and doing stability work. Every day has been the same for the last two weeks, but now I've started to run, things can change."

Johnson was a fixture in the Liverpool side prior to his injury but expects a battle to regain his place in Rafael Benitez's plans.

"I don't expect to walk back into the side and play, but I am doing everything I can to be in the best shape possible," he said.

No comments: