Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rafael Benitez Insists He Is Staying Put And Planning Summer Signings For Liverpool


Contrary to speculation linking Rafa Benitez to other clubs, the Liverpool manager insists he's remaining at Anfield for the long-haul and has already started masterminding a summer spending.

The Spaniard has been linked to Real Madrid and Inter Milan and was reportedly disappointed not to have funds available to spend in the January transfer window. However, he adamant he’s going no where.

"When I decided to sign a new contract less than a year ago it was because I wanted to stay. I gave my word and I want to fight and I will fight until the end," he told the Daily Mirror.

"At this moment we have to do the best for the club [Liverpool] and this means accepting the situation and trying to do our best.

"We have people who are monitoring every player. We will try to do something now but we also have to think about the future - we have to keep improving the squad."

No comments: