Friday, November 13, 2009

New Anfield Deal For Ayala


Liverpool youngster Daniel Ayala has extended his contract with the Anfield club.

The 18-year-old defender, who made his debut for the first team on the opening day of this season at Spurs, has signed a new deal which will keep him at the club until the summer of 2012.

Spaniard Ayala has made three first-team appearances this term.

He joined the club in September 2007 from Sevilla Atletico and was part of the Liverpool team which reached the FA Youth Cup final last season.

Meanwhile, Andriy Voronin remains confident of kickstarting his Liverpool career despite recent woes.

The Ukranian enjoyed a successful loan spell in the German Bundesliga with Hertha Berlin last season but returned to Anfield in the summer.

He has since failed to score and missed a glorious chance during last week's crucial Champions League tie with Lyon - a match which ended 1-1.

Voronin told the club's official website: "Last season was good for me because I wanted to play more matches.

"I went to Hertha Berlin, played a lot of games and scored goals. I was happy there.

"But I always wanted to come back to Liverpool because they are a massive club.

"It is very important for me to be here. I've spoken with Rafa and I want to take my chance, work hard and play for Liverpool.

"I hope in the next game I play, I can give the Liverpool supporters more."

No comments: