Friday, November 13, 2009

Brazil Will Luc Like Champs


Lucas has vowed to put his Anfield agony behind him to drive England nuts in Doha on Saturday.

The Liverpool man is intent on a Brazil win to help rubber stamp his own World Cup hopes and prove his team can emerge as champions next summer.

Midfielder Lucas said: "This match is a friendly - but in name only.

"To defeat England would be to confirm Brazil's chances of becoming world champions, while I want to convince my coach Dunga that I should go to South Africa.

"I know a lot of the English players through Liverpool, but it's a pain Steven Gerrard won't be playing because I've bet him we'll win."

Lucas is also rattled by the Reds' slump, telling LFC Weekly magazine: "Opponents are scoring goals without creating many chances or decisions are going against us. Breaking a sequence like that isn't easy."

No comments: