Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Arsenal Boss Arsene Wenger Feels Sorry For Liverpool

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he can sympathise with Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez's current plight, and believes that the Merseysiders have been the victims of some bad luck this season.

Liverpool travel to Debrecen this week facing elimination from the Champions League. The Frenchman does not think the Anfield outfit's fans deserve to see their club in such a precarious situation.

"I have a huge sympathy for Liverpool," he told the Gunners' official website.

"I can elaborate because first of all it is a hugely historical club.

"And I have a massive respect for their fans who, for me, have always been outstanding."

Wenger feels that those fans have become a little quieter than usual in recent weeks, as the pressure of an extended run of poor form has made everyone at Anfield much more anxious than usual.

"I must say I watched a little bit of the [2-2 draw at home to] Manchester City and their fans looked to be a little bit affected by fear as well because it was the first time I saw them a bit quiet," he added.

"As well, I feel Liverpool have been a little bit unlucky in the last six weeks; they do not get from the games what they deserve."

No comments: