Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Reds Linked With Krhin Swoop


Jose Mourinho has heaped praise on Rene Krhin amid speculation connecting the Inter Milan midfielder with a move to Liverpool.

The Slovenian teenager is regarded as an exciting prospect for the future and Liverpool are understood to be monitoring his situation at Inter.

However, the Reds are likely to find it difficult to prise him away from Inter as he still figures in the plans of Mourinho.

"In Rene Krhin I see what I expect from a 19-year old," Mourinho told reporters.

"He is really professional with big ambitions, and I'm also very happy with his discipline and talent.

"He has played in Serie A, was on the bench in the Champions League and I will surely use him again this season.

"I wish him all the best in his career and I will say this once again - Rene has everything that a young player should have."

Krhin maintains that he is happy at Inter, having come through the youth ranks, and has heard nothing from Liverpool

"It is nice to hear that somebody is interested in you, but I really don't know anything about Liverpool," he told Ekipa.

"And beside that - I really don't care about this kind of rumour. I leave all this to my manager Marcel Kacinari, whom I completely trust."

Meanwhile, Liverpool and Inter are both reported to be interested in highly-rated 21-year-old defender Ecuele Manga.

He currently plies his trade with Ligue 2 club Angers in France but admits it would be 'a dream' to play for either Liverpool or Inter.

"I am flattered to be linked with prestigious clubs like those two big teams in Europe," the player told skysports.com.

"The two managers are legends of the game, they have won leagues and European cups, so let me dream to work under their guidance."

Asked about his preference, the youngster said: "Who am I to choose? It is good to hear interest from two big teams but I need to work hard and the future will decide."

No comments: