Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Palermo Defender Simon Kjaer Drops Liverpool Hint

Palermo centre-back Simon Kjaer has dropped yet another strong hint that he could leave Sicily next year.

The 20-year-old has impressed in Serie A after joining the Rosanero in the summer of 2008 and has been frequently linked with Turin giants Juventus, but he has confessed that English giants Liverpool might be his first choice.

“I am only thinking of the World Cup at the moment and then we’ll see,” the defender told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“However, it is true that my family and I support Liverpool, but the transfer market has nothing to do with it.”

Denmark qualified for next summer’s showpiece event in South Africa at the expense of Scandinavian rivals Sweden, as Kjaer kept Zlatan Ibrahimovic at bay in a crucial 1-0 victory.

“It was a great satisfaction,” he mused.

“Zlatan is really strong in the air and is so tall that you can’t keep up with him and you need to anticipate him.

“As for the World Cup, I hope to play alongside [Daniel] Agger as he is my idol. But I first need to play 35 more games at the highest level this term.”

No comments: