Friday, September 04, 2009

Liverpool Youngster Dani Pacheco Expresses Desire To Play At Anfield

Liverpool youngster Dani Pacheco has declared that the club's pre-season in Bangkok and Singapore left him wanting to make an appearance at Anfield.

"The best thing has been signing for Liverpool and since then the two pre-seasons I have spent with the first team - especially the one just gone," he told the club's official website.

"Playing with all the star names and going to Singapore and Bangkok with all those fanatical people. I knew it would be good, but I didn't expect there to be so many fans."

The 18-year-old striker hopes that he will break into the first-team and make an appearance at Anfield. He also wishes to play at the Santiago Bernabeu, the home ground of Spanish heavyweights Real Madrid.

"I'd like to play at Anfield in the Premier League or Champions League, but apart from that it's the Bernabeu," he said buoyantly.

"When I was a kid I supported Real Madrid.

"I think it's the best stadium in Spain and maybe one of the best in the world. I lived so far away in Malaga and Barcelona so I never went to games, but I've been a few times now."

Pacheco is one of the rising young stars of the Merseyside club, and has represented Spain in the Under-17 category.

No comments: