Saturday, September 05, 2009

I Play For The Biggest Club In Europe – Liverpool’s Albert Riera


Albert Riera has dismissed talk that he could have joined Barcelona in the summer, insisting that he wanted to stay at "the biggest club in Europe".

The Catalan winger was linked with a move to Camp Nou as the Blaugrana sought a player to compete with Thierry Henry down the left, but nothing materialised.

Since then, stories have suggested that Riera has not started for Liverpool this term because he secretly expressed a desire to leave, rumours he finds ridiculous.

"I cannot believe I have not played because of that. I will not deny that there was something that interested me. This is true," he told reporters in Spain.

"But I play for Liverpool, which is the biggest club in Europe. Benitez is a special coach who defends his own.

"I know he supports me because he told me."

No comments: