Friday, September 11, 2009

Ayala: Dad Keeps My Feet On The Ground At Liverpool

Daniel Ayala has revealed that his father prevents him from becoming carried away with how well he is doing at Liverpool and makes him strive to always want to improve.

The youngster made his first team debut on the opening day of the current campaign against Tottenham Hotspur, two years after joining the club from Sevilla's youth side.

"It doesn't matter how well I think I have played or how well other people have told me I have done, my father always has his own opinion. I could help keep a clean sheet or I could score a goal and still he will find things that I must do better," he told the Liverpool club magazine.

"I thank him for this because it pushes me on. It makes me look to want to be better in everything I do on the pitch and in training. I love that my father has these expectations for me because I appreciate his advice and try to do what he tells me to do."

Moving to England has been a step that Ayala is pleased to have made as he was forced to crank up a level as soon as he arrived on Merseyside.

"I had been in the academy at Sevilla and straight away when I joined Liverpool, the club decided that I would join the reserve team," he continued.

"That was an immediate step up in quality for me from what I was used to in Spain. It was good for me, it was a very big challenge at an important moment in my career.

"I improved a lot playing in the reserve team. But now I have to keep improving. I have come a long way, but I still have even further to go.

No comments: