Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Andrea Dossena: I Want To Stay At Liverpool


Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena has insisted he wants to remain at the club, despite rumours linking him with a move away from Anfield this summer.

The Italy international joined the Reds from Udinese last year but failed to cement a place in the first-team as he faced stiff competition from Fabio Aurelio.

It had been suggested Dossena would make a return to the country of his birth, with Napoli previously interested in his services.

However, it now appears he is determined to stay and fight for his place in the Reds' squad.

"I've heard a lot of rumours about my future this summer but the truth is I want to remain at Liverpool," the Italian told The Liverpool Echo.

"I'm happy with my team-mates, with my coach and with the club.

"I have never wanted to leave."

Dossena watched Liverpool's 2-1 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane from the bench, with manager Rafael Benitez fielding Emiliano Insua at left-back.

No comments: